Looking For Frost Law Answers
My research has revealed a tremendous amount of information related to the laws and their application to state, county and city governments. Some of this mess is a little confusing. On the subject of "Deep Gravel Base" roadways, have thus far been able to receive a definitive answer at to its definition and the responsibility for designation of "frost law" roadways. If you know or or are a person that has useful knowledge on these questions, PLEASE share. Regarding Michigan roads:
- What is the state definition of a "DEEP GRAVEL BASE"?
- What is the purpose of a "DEEP GRAVEL BASE"?
- How does #2 apply to the seasonal weight restrictions found in MCL257.722(8)
- Who is the person or entity that has legal authority or responsibility to designate "frost law roadways"?
- Can a city apply a frost law to a roadway?
- What is the standard that a city must adhere to before appplying a frost law to a road? Tests, studies, inspections, evaluations etc...